SLOW COOKER PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICHES
Early prep and great meal when you get home after a busy day.
- 2 1/2-3 pounds beef round steak
- 2 green peppers (sliced thin)
- 2 onions (sliced thin)
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
- 1-2 lg loaves French bread (sliced into sandwich lengths or 6 to 8 hoagie buns)
- Provolone cheese slices
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner. Cut meat into thin strips, place in slow cooker. Add green pepper, onion, stock, garlic salt, pepper and dressing mix. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- Spoon meat mixture onto toasted buns, top with cheese. You can then put the sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake an additional few minutes to melt the cheese and toast the sandwich. You can also serve with sliced sauteed mushrooms on top